The Domain Team is the team of people who can modify settings of the openhatch.org domain, such as what IP address it points to. The team also has the same power for all openhatch-owned domains.
Since the team has somewhat limited membership, one goal is to be responsive to requests from non-members who want to add or edit our DNS settings.
It is difficult to delegate access very widely for this, as anyone with control over the openhatch.org DNS can probably gain any other privilege they want. Membership is open to Login Team members or Board members who merit a special degree of trust.
- Asheesh Laroia (paulproteus)
- Shauna Gordon-McKeon (shauna)
How to join¶
Email asheesh at asheesh.org with at least one sentence to answer why you need domain/DNS-level access for the thing you’re working within OpenHatch.
You should expect a response within 4 days. If you don’t get one, feel free to send another email that is CC: email@example.com.
What you get, when you’re on the team¶
- CloudFlare DNS password. (Username is firstname.lastname@example.org for now.)
Information useful to members¶
- openhatch.org DNS is hosted by cloudflare.com.
- The openhatch.org domain is configured in gandi.net. Currently that still uses Asheesh’s personal account, but we should change that.
- CloudFlare sends emails to asheesh at openhatch.org. We should change that.