This document explains our IRC quotes database.
How and when to submit a new quote¶
Let's say something interesting happens on IRC. For example, if your friend stops by the IRC channel and says something amusing:
<friend> hey, I just realized <friend> oh-mainline... the oh starts for OpenHatch... <friend> but it's also, like -- oh! mainline!
and you want to put it in the IRC quotes database. Here are the steps you take:
- Copy the text to your clipboard on your computer.
- Visit the quotes database at http://boiling-refuge-7775.herokuapp.com/.
- Click submit quote
- Enter your quote in the DB, and click Submit
- See the glorious "Your quote has been submitted and is now pending approval!" message
- Send a private message to paulproteus to ask them to approve it.
How to approve quotes¶
- Visit the login page at http://boiling-refuge-7775.herokuapp.com/?m=userlogin
- Log in (if you need an account, ask paulproteus)
- Visit http://boiling-refuge-7775.herokuapp.com/?m= and see the list of quotes.
- Notice that some are very pale! Either approve or delete them.
- To moderate, visit http://boiling-refuge-7775.herokuapp.com/?m=panel and enter the 4-character short name into the permaid box. Choose either do_approved or do_deleted to mark it respectively as approved or deleted.